Cube Gallery

Sunday, September 11, 2011

DiversifyYour Portfolio

I'm currently in the process of creating my resume.  I always take time to maintain notes of things I do, learn and become proficient at.  Creating positive associations with different organizations open doors and builds your credibility as an artist.  Diversifying your portfolio as an artist has several advantages and allows a lot of growth and development of your craft. A quick snap shot for this year so far has been amazing!  I'm working in new mediums.  One, oil painting which was an on the spot test/challenge. I'll share the story another day.  Additionally I'm working  and have been making prints over the past 2 weeks.  It is awesome how you can make a template out of linoleum and use ink and a press to capture your image on high quality paper.  As an artist you are able to build up a body of work or a series pretty quick.  It also can create an economical introductory price to your work. A basic print tend to sell from $5 to $25 depending on the artist, materials (frame,ect) and time investment. I'm very excited about making prints. I'm also working with clay and paper every week. This allows me the opportunity to grow, and perfect my craft and generate more work weekly.  When it comes to my ceramics, I have to generate enough to display in my Soldier of Clay exhibits, juried shows, gifts and sales.  These are just a few things that have diversified my portfolio.  I'm still doing art reviews weekly and that is really and honor and pleasure to do.  That entire process is developing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment