Cube Gallery

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mentor New & Current Artists

     I take every opportunity possible to spend time encouraging and listening to artists.  There are a lot of opportunities to encourage artists to continue on their path of success.  I'm not saying that the road will be easy.  I deal with a certain type of dynamic that can't move me off of my calling and personal goals.  I keep the main thing the main thing.  I aim for excellence daily and pursue a worthy idea and cause relentlessly.  I always remember that if you can't find the certain circumstances that you are looking for, create them!

     One of the major keys is to manage and control your time everyday.  I know I accomplish more things in a day by 8 am then most people may accomplish over a 3 day or 1 week period.  I choose to get more time out of everyday.  That is how more years can be gained.

     It is an honor for fellow students to ask me for feedback on their work.  It is also additionally awesome when they ask me about specific art classes and ask for recommendations to open some doors.  I always ask fellow students the following questions:  How fast do you want to run?  That determines how passionate an artist is about our craft.  Are you willing to create work hours before and after class?  How much studio time hours have you done this semester? What GPA are you trying to achieve?  Are you trying to be an artist or a painter or sculptor?   You can have a favorite medium that you work.  As an artist a diversified portfolio is what is going to get you well ahead of your peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment