Cube Gallery

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Having Fun and Discovering My Voice

I'm enjoying the weather and spending a lot of time working on school and special projects.  I have a lot of ideas and I'm working them daily.  I'm working clay, printmaking, special drawing  and cloth projects.   As an artist I make several works to cover my on going solo exhibits, scholarship opportunities, competitions, displays at local businesses and sales.  I spend a lot of time encouraging and helping fellow artist in their weekly projects and future goals.  Every time I'm asked questions about their work, I focus on the following questions:  What are you trying to convey to your viewers?  What is the mood or reaction that you are trying to stir in your viewers?  What do you think you can do differently?  Do you have a vision and value your work?  What is it?  I have several people that ask for my opinion or comments.  To me it is a trust and honor to be asked to give feedback.  Anyone that asks me for help knows that the problem will be resolved.  Additionally they will get constant encouragement and gain growth and understanding about their craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment