Cube Gallery

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Talk About Art With Early Childhood Class

It was a blessing to be able to talk with a large group of college students about art, opportunity, learning about one's self and the world around them.   It is very important to achieve excellence and believe that each and everyone of us was born for a purpose.  I always tell anyone I get the chance to talk with, that I have been told as a child that I have unlimited potential, opportunity and a bright future.  This is something that I have focused on even through today as an adult.  I have never lost sight of this fact no matter how I may have been treated by others, circumstances ect.   As a leader I know the rate of the pack is set by me.  I choose to soar.  I learned to to fly about the time I learned to first ride a bike.  I have been in the air ever since this time.  I explained what was being done in my print making class.  We went to the Sculpture?Design I classroom.  I showed my mobile hanging from the ceiling.  Then I took the class to the ceramics room.  Showed pieces of my work in the various stages of completion.  Clay, leather hard, Bisque fired and glazed work.  Additionally today I spent time hanging up a show at the Arts and Science building and called it a day at 4pm on this project.  My original intent was to go to the Museum today.  With two shows in two different galleries needing to go up soon, it made sense to start hanging the show today.  Today was a great day for me for about a million reasons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment