Cube Gallery

Friday, December 14, 2012

ART SURGE DETECTED IN COMMUNITY (SUPER WAVE PART 1)

"The rate of the pack is set by the total quality and motivation of the leadership in times of peace and war."  said, SFC Childs

When you take the courage to be the pioneer, leader of your craft it affect the atmosphere around you.  Everyday I mention the importance of being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to someone.  When you sprint hard and fast in your craft, you generate synergy for yourself and those around you.  When you work at the level of consistency and excellence, those that are for or against you have to pause.  Everyone is taking note of your successes and the formula that you use to win.  Everyone loves to win!  Ahhh Ha moments are just one heartbeat away from a victory.  When you have the intestinal fortitude to try, fail and experiment you gain tremendous growth within your self and your craft.  I never want to be the type that becomes comfortable and never pushes the limit of different mediums.  There is always room and time to learn, listen and receive growth.

One of the things that you can witness and some will not admit, is they love your work but keep it secret.  Recently I had someone make a comment that I had several secret admirers of my work.  Bringing this to my attention made me began to ponder a few things.  Additionally, several students pointed out to me that the standards at the college for all of the artists have been raised due to the trail that has been blazed by me.  Additionally there are artists that are getting off the sidelines and are becoming more productive due to the continual increase in credentials, value and awareness of my work.  Family & friends also have pointed out to me that teaching a class right now is a blessing and a very unique situation.  The feedback I'm getting from several art organizations is that I'm their LEADER.  There are artists right now that have not been in the media for several years, now they are in the newspaper doing a show with other artists.  Some would say that it was about time for them to do something.  I would say. "I'm happy for him" "I'm happy for her also" Yes, there has been an increase in shows and exhibits in the community over the past 2 years.  This "RISE" or SURGE in the arts is a win, win for every community.  There's an increase of art in several places traditional and nontraditional locations.  Art can be seen almost everywhere from traditional galleries, museums, banks, libraries, schools and local businesses.  This is tremendous opportunity for growth, exposure, area beautification and sales.  So I encourage all artist to join this "ART SURGE". Even though the year is winding down you can still make your make as an artist before this year ends.  Provide work and wonderful creations that span all of the mediums.  All is in high demand, coveted and treasured.  I have been blessed to help start and build art collectors, personal collections.  You can do the same.  What I do is I consistently work my craft as if it is impossible to ever fail.  Copyright 2012 Soldier of Clay Carl Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment