Cube Gallery

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Project Soar is Finished for November 1, 2012 VIP Showing

Project Soar is finished!  It will be shown at the New Fortress of Solitude.  This is the show and tell studio area for those who are not in the loop.  When it comes to soar!  It is a very unique sculptural piece.  Soar is an inspirational piece with elements from the Great Fall in Genesis.  When you look at this piece it will take you back to ancient times just from the look and unique texture of the work. Soar is a female form with several birds flying from this form. This piece is a liberation/inspirational piece for any woman that has felt that they were not important or feel that the "fall" still lingers.  Even though the fall happened, since that day, "You are to soar!!! You have unlimited opportunity and potential always. It is a piece you are definitely want to see.  To me this work is among my best and that is without any gems incorporated into.  It will be the first publicly shown piece that will have gems very soon.  Ruby is the stone of choice for this piece which also leads us to another scripture.  I'm not going to tell all.  I won't allow you to kiss this work goodbye.  Soar has been declassified.  This work has developed me in a different direction then my previous works.  I have also created a special textured"skin" or "Childs Effect" exclusively on this piece.  I predict this work to collect several awards in the future.  I'm very happy with this work because I was able to keep my original vision of this work in place until completion. This work has the look of a ancient or historical piece that has been unearthed at an excavation site or a piece that was found on a deep sea dive. Also look for this piece to be featured at one of my next exhibits.  I look forward to this piece gaining museum and gallery time in several communities.  I also enjoyed  the multitude of opportunities for experimentation with this work that has liberated and set me free. This work is an exclamation point on my sculptural ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment