Cube Gallery

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Customized Table #1 is Finished!

My first Customized Table is finished!  At least until I decide to stain it. :) Right now the raw wood with all of the pencil marks is going to show.  There was a lot of growth and experimentation in completing this goal.  Now that I know it is possible I'm ready to go larger and create more refined detail.  What I loved the most about this work was all of the Ah-Ha! moments.  There were several of those throughout this entire process.  I have decided to go with design modification 3, out of all of my choices.  Design 3 has the most unique look, versatility and stability out of all three designs.  Additionally this work can always be used as my model for completing other work.  This piece can be further sanded and stain for a finished look.  The color of the stain would give more of a richness and a bold color to this work.  I really enjoyed this work.  Yes, I will continue to work this medium.  I look forward to fully developing my woodman skills. I loved all of the discovery and new skill acquired that were specific and unique to this project.  Some of the most important skills were:  1 Cutting safely over an extended period of time. 2. Vvisually learned how to create wood joints, 3. Learned some sanding techniques, and freehand designed all of the curves that are in my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment