Cube Gallery

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Woodsman, Ceramicist, Writer & Instructor (Part 1)

Never get tired of winning!  Today is going to be another highly productive day for me.  I am currently working on my newest sculptural work .  I have been spending hours carving this one of a kind piece.  Additionally I have made some design modifications for my first customized table.  The customized table will definitely be finished within the next 48 hours.  I have all of my sections cut.  The joints are cut and drilled out. Now is the time to shim, dowel rod assembly and glue. This being my first table I will leave it for everyone to see the natural wood color. Later I will stain this table to give it a finished look. I will also be working on my after action review of the last night's event. I'm expecting some emails requesting permission to use my name and image.  Don't get caught without the permission because a lawsuit is never worth it. I'm an artist & model and it is serious business to use any one's information and image.  Also taking pictures of my work or any other artist's work without proper permission is a no go.  I know people love using Facebook   Putting images out on any site or social media without permission can and will eventually cause the person that posted the images and information to get into legal trouble.  In my class BATS, information is taught about the 1976 Copyright Act. Student/artist are empowered with knowledge to protect themselves and their work. Education and informing the public is a continuous process.  I have a few more tests from my BATS class to correct.  I have already written the next 3 tests for BATS and currently writing 3 books for the class.  Copyright (c) 2012 American Artist Carl Childs

No comments:

Post a Comment